>Sure, never mind about Rasmus descrimination towards Windows users.
>Rasmus always has been bitter with users asking for support, especially
>if they want to run PHP under Windows.

Although it seems counter-productive, I can certainly respect Rasmus having
his own opinion.  He has provided quick and helpful responses to many of my
questions, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one he's helped.  That
garners even more respect - IMHO.

>PHP developers should be thankful of its support under Windows
>because that allowed to keep jobs still working on PHP, ie eventually
>not having to move to other languages.

I think this last point shows that this a battle between ASP and PHP - not
necessarily an OS / platform war.  More books, support, programming tools
(libraries, editors, etc.) and jobs based around the PHP programming
language would help tremendously.

>To write PHP extensions on Windows I think Visual C++ is more
>appropriate.

Does gcc (or some other free C programming language) for Windows exist?

-Ed

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.