I have a line class that I'm using to draw a line graph of up to 5 lines.
Since I query the db for each of those lines (with a # as lineNum), my code
to take everything out of the fetch_arrays is fairly cumbersome.  I use this
code in 4 different programs (the graph, the printable graph, the data
table, and the accessible [D]).  To avoid code duplication, I'd really like
to be able to pass $sql and the 5 lines to a function in a different file,
that all 4 of my programs can use.

I have tried both

function runSQL ($sql, &$line1, &$line2...) {

and

function runSQL ($sql, $line1, $line2...) {
    return array ($line1, $line2...);
}

but both ways timeout.  Is there any way for me to put data into my line
objects from a function?  I know that the include is working because I have
a test function that just prints out "Hello".

I've checked the manual, but it doesn't say anything about having a
user-made object as a param or a return.

Thanks for any info you may have!

-Natalie

Natalie S. Leotta
Information Management Services, Inc.