Hello,

I am new to PHP and trying to learn.  I am trying a tutorial and this is the
script.  It is supposed to pop up a box requiring a username and pass.  but
all I get is

'Authorization Required'

Any suggestions?  I am running PHP3 and 4 and on an IIS server (it is just
for testing, normally it would be apache)

Thanks in advance!!!

<?php

 // File Name: auth02.php

 // Check to see if $PHP_AUTH_USER already contains info

 if (!isset($PHP_AUTH_USER)) {

  // If empty, send header causing dialog box to appear

  header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Private Stuff"');
  header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');
  echo 'Authorization Required.';
  exit;

 } else if (isset($PHP_AUTH_USER)) {

  if (($PHP_AUTH_USER != "admin") || ($PHP_AUTH_PW != "abc123")) {

   header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Private Stuff"');
   header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');
   echo 'Authorization Required.';
   exit;

  } else {