On Thursday, June 13, 2002 at 10:04:05 PM, you wrote:

> I just tried adding session_start() to the beginning of both files. When I
> load Doc 1, I get this warning twice(!):

> Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output
> started at c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\wan\sessions.php:7)
> in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\wan\sessions.php on line 9

> Same warning for Doc 2.

In that case the call to session_start() is not at the beginning of the files.
By that I mean the first line in both files should be...

<?php session_start(); ?>

Before any HTML or other PHP code. This is because it sets a cookie which needs
to be able to send an HTTP header which can only be done before any output is
generated (unless output buffering is enabled). According to the error, the
call to session_start() is on line 9 but output was generated on line 7.

--
Stuart