Hi Stuart,

Thanks. I added error_reporting (E_ALL); and it gave me the following error
msg: "Warning: Undefined index: var in c:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\php\superstock\ssi\valuecalc\valuescreen\testsess.php on
line 6"

Here is line 6: echo "session var: ".$_SESSION["var"]."<br>";

Apparently, there is no session variable! Does that mean the session was not
created? I thought the session is created if I get the same session ID each
time I reload the page.

Zlutarch

P.S. I wish I could post the server address, but its on a private network.
Only computers on the intra net have access to the server. I will see what I
can do.