César aracena wrote:
> The catch would be to make PHP to auto assign the relatives "level" by
> knowing it has to start from $i=1 and loop $i++ until no other kid is
> inserted. Now that I write it, it seems I could use a for loop, but what
> should be the structure of it using the $name <> 0 you told me?

the name <> 0 was a sql-query - it will return a ressource which will
enable you to make something like

$i=0;
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($nameless_result){

#psuedo-code#
# mysql_query=("insert into table set relativenumber = 'jr$i' where
ID=$row["ID"]");
}

regards

Jesper Brunholm

btw: please do not write to my private email

--
Phønix - Danish folk music from young musicians - http://www.phonixfolk.dk