Hello people out there!

I've experienced a curly problem with Linux 2.4.16, Apache 1.3.9 & PHP
4.0.6 (Slackware 8).

I use a session variable ($login) to manage the authentication to a web
administration interface: every page begins with a simple test which
checks if $login is stored in session. If not, it prompts an error
message.

<?
session_start();
if (!session_is_registered("login")) {
  die("Error: you must log in.");
}

// The page goes here...
?>

Sometimes (I wasn't able to find out any reproducible condition) the
interface kicks off the user: the sessioned variable is lost.

The most amazing thing is that I got no problems with 4.0.3pl1 on Linux
2.4.18 (Debian potato).

Anyone of you can tell me the deeply hidden reasons?

Thanks.

--
dott. Francesco Chicchiriccò

E-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]