On Tuesday, June 25, 2002, at 06:56  PM, Phillip S. Baker wrote:

> When the form is submitted I want to values passed to a pop-up window.
> I am aware of the need for Javascript for the pop-up window, but how do
> I get the values from the form passed to the new window so I can use
> them in further scripts.
> I can write the javascript to do the popup window and use the onSubmit
> command, but I cannot figure out how to pass the values with a regular
> submit button.
> Thanks

Pass them along the querystring, so that when the JavaScript popup
window opens and it goes to a certain page, those values are part of
that URL.  As GET variables.

// Your PHP vars:
$var1 = 'Metroid';
$var2 = 'Metal Gear';

// Create a querystring:
$PHPqueryString = "var1=" . $var1 . "&var2=" . $var2;

// echo the browser string for the popup:
print "<a href=\"\" onclick=\"openPopup("
                . $PHPqueryString
                . "\">Popup!</a>\n";

// here's your JavaScript function
function openPopup(queryString)
{
        var detailwindow = window.open('./target.php?' + queryString,
                                                'windowname',
                                                'toolbar=no,directories=no,
                                                status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,
                                                copyhistory=no,scrollbars=yes,
                                                width=500,height=300');
        detailwindow.moveTo('150', '150');
}

Now in your new script you can access these GET vars from PHP or from JS!

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp