The web server needs write access to where you're trying to store the files.
Check the directory permissions.  Check with your ISP to make sure there are
solutions other than making the directory world writeable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Schwarzmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] uploading a file - here is the error message...

Here is the error I'm receiving when attempting to upload a file....

Warning: Unable to create 'temp/test.txt': Permission denied in
/home/.../www/website/upload3.php on line 11

..could it be that my web host isn't giving me permissions to upload
files ?

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.