On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 03:50  PM, Tony Harrison wrote:

> Hi, if you can find a web host that offers ALL these services, i will
> eat my
> hat on my webcam to the whole club:

Do you know the origin of that expression?  It refers to a period when
sugar was sold in paper cones, known as "hats".  So you won't really eat
your baseball cap, just the family sugar jar.

> Usenet Newsgroup.
> at least 200MB space
> Perl/CGI support (optional)
> PHP - note: must have GD library installed!
> MySQL
> SHOUTcast web radio
> Reseller account option
> at least 300MB per month bandwidth
> ASP (optional)

I don't know about Shoutcast, but Pair.com is supposed to be good.  If
you can get DSL or some service that doesn't block port 80, you may as
well just host your own server (unless you want this for commercial use,
in which case why not pay an ISP to host your own server?).

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp