I use the following line in some of my php scripts to navigate between
pages:

value='New' onClick="this.form.action='newproduct.php?mode=new';
this.form.submit()"></td>

The problem I have is with a page I build dynamically. The whole page is
encased in <form></form> tags. In between these tags there are sections
echoed as a result of a databasse query. Each of these sections is a form.
After all of the sections have been created, there is a button at the bottom
of the page that is similar to that above. The button is outwith the form
tags of the sections but within the form tags of the whole page i.e.

<form name="addproduct">

<!-- loop round result set creating a form for each row -->
<form name="detail">
  dynamic content
</form>
<form>
  dynamic content
</form>
<form>
  dynamic content
</form>

value='New' onClick="this.form.action='newproduct.php?mode=new';
this.form.submit()"></td>

</form>

Clicking on the button has no effect. On all my other pages this button
behaves as it should. Why?

This e-mail is intended for the recipient only and
may contain confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient then you should reply
to the sender and take no further ation based
upon the content of the message.
Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure and
CCM Limited does not accept any responsibility
for changes made to this message.
Although checks have been made to ensure this
message and any attchments are free from viruses
the recipient should ensure that this is the case.