Hi all.

I was reading the post by Pag called “MySQL backups” and I have the same
question, but not the shell access. It came to my mind, that if will be
very useful for me, and probably for many of us newbie’s, to be able to
build an automated PHP system that could make backups by itself at a
specified time… let’s say maybe every morning at 6 am, by transferring
or uploading the MySQL files to another server. I noticed that this
could be done in PHPNuke, by clicking at “Backup Files”. ¿Is it possible
to build this kind of unattended scripts with PHP or will it always
require a magical “click” from the administrator?

I guess that it shouldn’t be possible, but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks in advance,

Cesar Aracena <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CE / MCSE+I
Neuquen, Argentina
+54.299.6356688
+54.299.4466621