I tried following all of your suggestion and so far, still the same.  I
tried changing other feature in the php.ini and check the phpinfo and found
that they haven't changed either.  So, the problem lie with the file path in
finding the php.ini file.  I only have one php.ini file.  The other are in
the php source code.  Oh well, I'm going to let it go and move on!  Need to
finish upgrading the website and if there time, start experiementing on
moving the website to Linux.  I'm going to try mySQL instead of IBM DB2.

Thanks,
 FletSOD

"Andre Dubuc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Hi Scott,
>
> I've come to this post a little late, but I had exactly the same problem.
No
> matter what I set php.ini, phpinfo() would not show changes.
>
> If I recall correctly, the problem sort of 'disappeared' by itself. I
finally
> resolved it by rebooting immediately after setting the new php.ini (this
was
> on Linux-Mandrake 8.2). Further, if I recall, (and this was three months
ago)
> I think I re-installed PHP, but it made no difference. Make sure Apache is
> 'off' before you attempt to change php.ini. Also, in my config, there was
> another php.ini hidden in /etc/httpd  -- do a 'locate' to see if you have
> multiple copies!
>
> I had a  lot quirky things happen while trying to configure PHP 4.1.1. and
> few with 4.1.2. For some odd reason, after a few attempts it does work.
Try