Hi Jeremy

You might try the following:

1. set your form elements up so each input can be accessible as part of an
associative array e.g.

<FORM ...>
<input type="text" name="input_array[forename]" value="">
<input type="text" name="input_array[lastname]" value="">
</FORM>

2.  create a trusted fields array in your mailing script:

$trusted_fields = array("forename", "surname");

order this array in the order you wish the form items to be mailed, e.g. forename,
surname, address etc.

3.  loop through each item in the trusted fields array and get the value of the
corresponding field out of the input_array, build the body of your email and send as
required - as you go through each field you can do form validation, and format the
output as required, for example:

foreach ($trusted_fields as $trusted_field) {
  if (!empty($input_array[$trusted_field]))
    $body .= $trusted_fields[$trusted_field] . ":" . $input_array
[$trusted_field] . "\n";
}

This in theory will build the body as field: field_value\n.. for each field in the
the trusted_fields array that is not empty.

code untested - but concept should work.

Rgds

John