Hi,

Basically we have created a Software in Visual Basic.
Now the software uses mySQL on the internet as
Backend. However, our server does not allow Remote
Host Connection, which means we cannot access our
mySQL Database on the Internet by our Software on a
local client. We need the mySQL Database on the
Internet because basically everything will be
available on a website later through PHP Pages.

Now, my problem is how to connect to my mySQL DB on
the Internet, via my Software, when my Server Company
doesn't allow Remote Host Connection to mySQL.

What is suggested to me is to place the Software on
the Internet. I have no clue how to do that. Because
if i place an .exe file on the net, it will just start
downloading instead of running.

How then can i accomplish this?
The software feeds in Data in the mySQL DB on the
internet, and then the PHP pages access the mySQL DB
to show data to users on the Website. It's something
like that. The software involves a lot of processing,
decryption, conversion etc. to convert a .dat data
into usable mySQL Tables Data.

Hope somebody can help.
Thanks,

T. Edison Jr.