Hello Chris

And thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I think that the solution you offer is a great idea. However, in my case, I
may not be able to implement it as I, as the webmaster, do not always get
the chance to add ‘$next_query_string’ to the a href. Some of the cross-site
links are added to discussion forums by the users.

I will try making a wrapper function that makes the ‘special sauce’ links in
the normal body of the pages. That will just leave the cross site links in
the forum. May be I will be able to implement a special solution for the
forum…

May I asked what ‘CDSM specification’ is… I am not familiar with the term.

Thanks again for your comments. They have been really helpful to me.

Stefen