Привет!

Manuel Lemos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 07/08/2002 06:56 PM, Cm wrote:
>
>> I have a medium sized project that I'm started in PHP and mySQL.  I
>> think an
>> object-orientated approach may be the best to reduce the amount of code.
>> My question is if I'm using PHP should I even try to do it an
>> object-orientated manner.  I've seen some posts that say that doing it
>> this
>> way will really slow down PHP and that if you're doing OO you should
>> really
>> do it in a language like Java.
>

> Non-sense. You can do OOP in PHP just fine, just differently than you
> would do some things in Java. That did not stop thousands of people
> using hundreds of PHP classes written in by many PHP developers and made
> available here for free:
>
> http://www.phpclasses.org/

We do OOP and never noticed a performance downgrade, right the opposite.
Again, *any* tech solution will downgrade performance if unproperly
coded. If you can do efficient OOP you can do it in whatever language
you choose (well, maybe smalltalk and java qualify as an exception LOL)

I won't repeat the usual warnings about correct OOP in itself as it's OT
here. Just watch out *PHP returns copies from the assignement operator =
and not references*. That's it. Once you know that, you know everything.
Learn to use the & sign when you need a reference (which *is* slower, so
use it only when needed) and everything will be just fine. And *much*
quicker than any java OOP will ever be.

Пока
Альберто
Киев

LoRd, CaN yOu HeAr Me, LiKe I'm HeArInG yOu?
lOrD i'M sHiNiNg...
YoU kNoW I AlMoSt LoSt My MiNd, BuT nOw I'm HoMe AnD fReE
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is.......