Hi

Can anyone in the group help, I'm trying to read and write from a serial
port using php.

So far using fsockopen I've managed to open and send data through a serial
port but I'm having real problems reading a response. I've tried fgets
really to no success can anyone spare me some ideas or thoughts?

Setup:

Linux box running serproxy ( A tcp to serial port proxy ) IP 192.168.123.192

I connect to this from a webserver running on another machine with:
<?php
$fp = fsockopen ("192.168.123.192", 5331, $errno, $errstr, 30);
if (!$fp) {
   echo "$errstr ($errno)<br>\n";
} else {
 if(fputs ($fp, "test data".chr(37))){
  echo 'data sent';
 } else {
  echo 'no data sent';
 }
   while (!feof($fp)) {
       echo fgets ($fp,128);
   }
   fclose ($fp);
}
?>

The output is being read by a small ap that displays the serial port data
and allows me to send a response, I've logged the response I send at the
linux box on the serial port and serproxy is supposed to translate this back
to tcp port 5331 however I cannot read it with fgets?

Please help it's driving me mad and I'm sure I'm just being stupid  : {

Thanks for any help.

Zac