Hello - My problem is as follows:
    <?
        $data = mssql_result(mssql_query("SELECT Field FROM table WHERE
ID='1'"),0);
        echo $data;
        mysql_insert("INSERT INTO table2 VALUES('$data')");
    ?>

The data in the MSSQL table is: Æã

IF I call this PHP code from my browser (IE6) it results in the
following output:
Æã
and it also places into the MySQL database the value: Æã

However, if I call this PHP code from the command line, using "php.exe
test.php" it also results in the following output:
Æã
but it places into the MySQL database: ’Æ

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I am sure it is a
character set issue, but for the life of me I cannot work out why the
command-line does not run the exact same script in the same way as a
browser would?

Regards,
Emile Axelrad,  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]