On Tuesday 16 July 2002 22:43, César Aracena wrote:
> I think that the best way you can achieve this, considering all the
> troubles and different configurations you will have to make for each
> user, is to make them choose the type of connection they want, and set a
> cookie in the visitor's browser with a one year life time which stores
> that machine/visitor's connection.

Making the user choose is the wisest option. As a user, just because I have a
fast connection, it doesn't necessarily mean I would want the 'bloated'
version of the website. And conversely, if I had a slow connection I /might/
want to wait 15 mins for the 'enhanced' version to download.

Don't decide for the user what the user can decide for themselves :)

/*
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for that
rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge.
                -- Erwin Knoll
*/