In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

> Tom a écrit :
>
>  > Actaully, neither Apache or PHP is at fault. The ErrorDocument (either in
>  > httpd.conf or an .htaccess file) follows absolute paths, so you are calling
>  > your engine.php out of the root directory of the machine. So the question
>  > is, do you have engine.php in the / folder? If not you can put it there or
>  > just adjust your ErrorDocument command to point to the path of the file.
>
> No, you didn't understand. I'll make a simpler example. Let's say I did
> use :
>
> ErrorDocument 404 /phpinfo.php
>
> /phpinfo.php exists, it just does phpinfo();
>
> If I call http://localhost/dontexist?plop=foobar I will see the phpinfo,
> and I will see variables like :
>
> REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES: File does not exist: /var/www/dontexist
> REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING: plop=foobar
> REDIRECT_REQUEST_METHOD: GET
> REDIRECT_STATUS: 404
> etc
>
> but $plop won't be set, and there is no way to get the variables
> back. In POST method I won't even see the REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING at
> all. So should this work, if not why, and is there a way to fix it ?

I seem to remember some discussion about this ages ago - there was some
difference between how ErrorDocument works in httpd.conf and .htaccess -
you might try the latter and see if there is a different result.

Then again, I might not be remembering correctly, so ...

Cheers
--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!