>I was looking at using the LIMIT feature in MySQL, but the MySQL manual said
>that if you use ORDER BY with LIMIT in the same SELECT it does the LIMIT
>before the ORDER BY.  Therefore it does the limit then orders the limit list
>only, not order the entire list then returns the limit from that.  Is this
>true?

In my experience, it does the ORDER BY and then the LIMIT.

Or, at least, that's what comes out of the browser.

They *MIGHT* be doing something so that after they find the first 10 records
(or whatever your LIMIT is) they *QUIT* sorting all the others, since
there's not much point to sorting records you ain't gonna be getting anyway,
is there?

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm