>What's the best way to check for an Associative Array?  There is no
>is_assoc() or similiar function listed in the manual (I don't think anyway).

All arrays are associative, really.  Just some happen to have integers as
their keys in the association.

>I'm using mysql_fetch_array() and I want to foreach only the assoc. part of
>the array without using mysql_fetch_assoc():

So use that extra argument to mysql_fetch_array and tell it you only want
the MYSQL_ASSOC ones, not MYSQL_BOTH.

http://php.net/mysql_fetch_array

>foreach ($arr as $key=>$value) {
> echo "$key:$value";
>}
>
>But of course it show both the indexed array and the assoc array contents.
>Is there an existing function to check this, or should I do one of these
>things inside the foreach loop:
>
>A) set $last=value and just check if $value = $lastval
>
>B) check if the $key is just a number or just a string
>
>C) $key += 1

It's wrong, but if you want to do it that way, you could use:

http://php.net/next

maybe.

--
Like Music?  http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm