I notice the INSTALL file in 4.2.2 mentions that people "should write
their scripts to work with this [register_globals] turned off".  Based
on what I've mentioned below, what can I do to conform to this statement
made by the PHP authors?  From what I know about programming, I am
setting globals where appropriate already.. but apparently I am
incorrect, since upgrading to 4.2.2 broke all my stuff unless I turn
[register_globals] on.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply,

Kris