I am trying to figure out how to upgrade php from 4.1.2 (which is the
default that comes with redhat 7.3), to version 4.2.2. From the small amount
of documentation I have been able to find on the subject, it looks like I
need to download a rpm. Is this the best way to do it or would it be better
to try to use the install files off of php.net, and if the php.net install
files are the way to go, how would I go about installing them over the
current copy of php. I know this may not be the proper list for this
question but I am also sending this email to the redhat list in hopes that
someone from one of these two lists can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Fifield
Charles Schwab & Co, Inc.
WARNING: All e-mail sent to or from this address will be received by the
Charles Schwab corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival and review
by someone other than the recipient.