Not sure if this is a PHP question but I've traced the problem to a PHP
statement.

I have a form that when submitted, displays a PDF document in the browser
(using a PDF library).  When I click on the back button, it should redisplay
my form but instead, displays a warning that data has expired and I need to
refresh.  Now this never happened until recently so I look at recent changes
and traced the problem to one single PHP statement at the top of my file:

session_start();

I am using sessions to pass values between pages and so added the statement
to my page so that I could check the value of a variable.  When I comment
out the above statement, I am no longer prompted to refresh.

Question: How can I have my cake and eat it to?

Thanks,
Don