Something rarely mentioned in these discussions on "PHP Editors", is FTP
capabilities.  That's something that is absolutely critical for me.  I
maintain several websites on different web servers.  As such, the ability to
log in and remotely edit sites is invaluable.  And no - downloading the
entire site, editing it, and re-uploading it isn't an option.

Here's some Linux ones that satisfy this requirement:

1.  Zend IDE:  Nice, but $$$ is the big inhibiting factor.
2.  Quanta:  its implementation remains a bit buggy.  Perhaps the next
version will be better.
3.  jEdit:  the Windows version has a plugin to do FTP, so I would assume
the Linux version does too.

Can anyone else add to the list of Linux-based FTP-enabled PHP-supporting
editors?

--
Aaron Gould
[EMAIL PROTECTED]