From: Kondwani Spike Mkandawire [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 1:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] JSP vs. PHP?

I'm still into PHP like crazy...  But I have been told JSP
is more powerful how true is this?
>From what I've read so far (tutorials and all), the syntax is
100% similar to Java i.e. it is basically Java with additional
library functions...

Now here's the story:  I am yet to use PHP with a Graphics
library (The GD extensions I believe they are), so I don't
know about their performace...  However the last time
I wrote a decently large Java Applet, the browser took
annoyingly long to load the applet...  If the same principle
applies of having a JVM or a Java Interpreter embedded
in the browser then I see no advantage to JSP apart from
the point of protability...  (Unless the graphic libraries that
support PHP are any slower)...   Could someone please
comment...

Spike...