Does anyone know of any tools for php that will let
you include only
certain functions from a file.
For example if I only wanted a function named "login"
from a file named
"func_common.php", I could maybe do something like
this:
my_require('path/to/func_common.php', 'login');

I was thinking of writing a script that would offer an
api to let you include
only certain parts of a file, or maybe you'd could use
"*" in conjunction with
a directory name to include all the files in a
directory.
What I have in mind is building a new static version
of the "main" script with the
"included" code being a part of the main script.
I guess if you're scripts are being cached then the
disk reads that
including files requires isn't that big of a deal. But
it could probably
make a big difference on sites where people aren't
caching their php scripts.

Let me know if anything like this exists.

tia,
--ed