On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:57:54PM +0200, MyBox wrote:

> function testfunc($var1,$var2)
> {
> ...many calculation and variables
> return $result;
> }
>
> then on call number 12 the script exits whith error-message:
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Exhausting 8 megs of RAM!  WOW!  Those are some serious calculations!

> Must i giving free the memory at hand?

Yes.

> When i in the function before its end give all vars free with unset(); then
> the error also comes on the same place.

Hmm...  Where are you performing the unset()'s?  Before the return, right?

Perhaps the memory is being gobbled up by the return $result?

I did a search on the mailing list archive trying to learn more about
this, but didn't come up with much.  Hopefully, someone with more
knowledge on PHP's internals will comment.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution