I'm finding myself in a strange situation. I am trying to build a a web
site that will use sessions and work even if a user decides not to
accept cookies.

So far the site design is working fine by using the trans-sid
functionality of PHP. But I have this on case where things break down.

1- user comes to the top page of my site
2- I try and start a session. user refuses to accept cookies
3- user click on links to visit my site, session works before SID is
passed along in the URL
4 user clicks back button all the way back to my top page
5 session is lost because the SID is not in the URL of the top page ...

How can I get around the problem of not having the SID in the URL of the
first page to my site the user comes to? It kind of a chicken-or-the-egg
problem ...

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Jc