Hi all. I know there must be several ways of doing this but I wonder
what the best solution is. I'm tired of making and looking at scripts
that creates random passwords for users from a "words.txt" list. These
kind of passwords are limited only to the number of strange words your
fingers type into a file, for which I think it's not the most secure way
of giving away new passwords. I know there are other types of password
generating scripts, but I want to know from the users of this list which
would be the best one.

I think that pre-made passwords (choose randomly) are dangerous, because
most users DO NOT change their given password once received and hackers
CAN access that words.txt file no matter what level of protection you
use for that server/folder.

Isn't there a function or something that would generate random passwords
following given rules like:

- from x to y characters long.
- lower AND/OR upper case.
- numbers AND characters combination.
- random numbers AND characters.

Which are the functions (or combination of functions) I can use to
achieve this? Thanks in advance,

Cesar Aracena
On Dial-Up
CE / MCSE+I