Mike Mannakee wrote:

>Does anyone know of a solution to get a script to actually connect with the
>POTS system (even through a 3rd party provider) and send a fax?
>
>Mike

There are several "fax over the internet" providers out there.  I used
to work for one.
That service was via email.  You sent a email to  a phone number by
putting it into the destination email address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
 The fax had to be attached as a postscript or html file.
You would get a email back with the status of the fax.  Most of these
services could only send faxes from a specific email address that you
registered and paid for.  The free ones added a banner ad to the top of
the fax.

A quick search for "fax over the internet"

http://www.savetz.com/fax/   This is an FAQ.  It even mentions my old
compay.

http://www.tpc.int/faxbyemail.html
http://www.easylink.com/home/0_0.cfm