I know that the connection works because the following command ODBC_tables into which
I feed my connection accurately searches the connection and returns an array with some
table information.
[snip]

// ODBC commands to explore connection:
$result = odbc_tables($odbc);
odbc_fetch_into($result,$row);
print_r($row);

// I get the following output to the screen:
Array ( [0] => ***:\***\***\*** [1] => [2] => inputfile.txt [3] => TABLE [4] => )

[/snip]
inputfile.txt in row 2 is the file I want to select from.

Just for kicks, I added the "OR DIE" and got nothing.  I'm pretty sure that I have
created a valid ODBC system resource and that my ODBC_connect command succesfully
creates a bridge to my materials.  Its just that I can't execute commands beyond the
odbc_tables without getting this big nasty error:

[snip]
$result = odbc_exec($odbc,"SELECT * FROM inputfile.txt");
[/snip]

Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine \
cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, \
or you need permission to view its data., SQL state S1000 in SQLExecDirect in \
***:\***\***\***\basecsv2.html on line 53

-Ethan