From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 7:33 PM
To: 'Faisal Abdullah'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] SQL : left join from multiple tables

[snip]
"select a.name, b.department, c.position
from emp a
left join dept b
on a.staffno = b.staffno
left join position c
on a.staffno = c.staffno
where staffno = $staffno";

I know the statement above is totally wrong. I'm just hoping u guys can
understand what i'm trying to achieve from it.
[/snip]

All you have to change to make this right is change the ON statement after
'left join position c' to 'on b.staffno = c.staffno'. Remember that you are
moving from left to right in the join, so your ON must also move from left
to right.

HTH!

Jay