Hello List,

I'm putting a php app that has been off-line for about 18 months back
on-line. During my absence from php I had heard about some security issues,
so figured I'd try the latest 4.2.3 release.

Sessions and the DB are fine, but GET/POST vars are continually empty. I
mean a form submission from .html to .php (about the simplest thing
possible) the variables are not getting populated with their form values.

Actually, phpinfo() does show the variables and their values if I throw it
in the .php file. But tailing the mysql log shows the following:

SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='' AND password=''

    from this code.

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='$username' AND
password='$password'");

Regards, Thx