Was written

> > >   while( $row = $result->fetchRow( DB_FETCHMODE_ASSOC ) ) {
> > >     $rowdata[$i] = $row;
> > >     $i++;
> >
> > I don't think you need the $i.
>
>   I need the $i because I'm assigning the every row from the result into
> an array.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php#language.types.arr
ay.syntax

> This is done by assigning values to the array while specifying the key
> in brackets. You can also omit the key, add an empty pair of brackets
> ("[]") to the variable-name in that case.

> $arr[key] = value;
> $arr[] = value;
> // key is either string or nonnegative integer
> // value can be anything

You really don't have to create $i, it will be created *on the fly*,
works for me.

I took your template and created a simple php script using smarty. It
works. Here it is:

http://www.schoenster.com/tests/smarty.php

and here is the PHP script I wrote:
(not that I used debugging!, that is a real nice helpful touch).

<?php

    include_once ( 'Smarty.class.php'); //

    $smarty = new Smarty;
    $smarty->compile_check = true;
    $smarty->template_dir = '.';
    $smarty->debugging = true;

    $action = 'read';
    $colors = array('red','blue','green','yellow');
    foreach ( $colors as $color ) {
        $comments[] = array('nick'=>"nick $color",'comment'=>"comment
$color");
    }

    $smarty->assign('action',$action);
    $smarty->assign('comments',$comments);