> Does it work with a different browser?  Smells like an IE bug to me.

Doesn't everything with IE smell like a bug?

Anyhow, it works fine with Netscape. Opera will not open the file, but will
save-as just fine when prompted.

I'm off to search MS...<deity of choice> help me...

---John Holmes...

> > Everyone,
> >
> > I've had a simple download script working where a user would click on a
link and the program would send word or excel headers instead of HTML. The
file would then be opened in the appropriate program and the user could
save/edit it.

> > Now that we've loaded everything under SSL, it doesn't work.
> >
> > Here are the headers I send:
> >
> >     header("content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name='excel'");
> >     header("content-disposition: attachment; filename=" . $filename .
".xls");

> > Now, the pages in question are just regular HTML tables. If there is a
export2=excel in the URL, then these two additional headers will be sent.
The dialog to save/open the file pops up, but when you try to open/save the
file, IE says it cannot be found. If I put in a echo before these two
headers (or comment them out), the page is shown correctly as HTML, so the
code is correct.

> > Are there any special headers I have to send to enable this file
download while under SSL, or is it something else I'm overlooking?