You may not have one right now and PHP is using it's defaults. Look for
a php-ini.dist or php-ini.recommended in the php folder. Modify one of
those and save it as php.ini. But, I have no idea where to save it on a
Mac.

Like the other poster said, load up a <? phpinfo(); ?> page through your
browser and PHP may tell you where it thinks php.ini should be. It'll be
in the first block that appears on the page created by phpinfo().

---John Holmes...