Sascha:

I worked on a web based file share system, .. Users had to select the
file(s) to share and start uploading to the remote servers, had, timeout
problems, size problems, etc. This users are inside an intranet, so i
started to use the php ftp functions, so i placed the web based
application to a local server inside the intranet, and it could handle
the files very fast and big sizes, when this local server gets the files
starts to trnsfer via ftp functions of php to the remote server, ... So
that way i avoided the problems, doing direct upload to the remote
server.

I hope this is a little helpful to you.

Hi freaks,

my image library isn't still finished yet, but it's running and with a
running system are comming new problems up.

I remember that there was a discussion about big file uploads.

It seems, that i stepped into the same trap, 'cause my web- server
doesn't accept more than two uploads each upload session. I wrote a
script which should make it possible to upload 10 files at a time. The
files are up to 3 MB each so I had to set up the upload_max_filesize in
php.ini to an
amount of 50 MB Data. But it seems, that there still can
be uploaded about 5 or 6 MB in two files at a time.

Would be nice if somebody could tell me about made
experiences.

Thank you very much.

Sascha Braun