Okay, I took out all the reason for error, I took the variables out of the
code and replaced them with the actual values. I do not execute the gzip
function. All I get is an empty file. Also I made sure the back up directory
is set to 777.

Now phpMySQLAdmin will perform the same function, so there must be a way to
do this without the phpMySQLAdmin program? Has anyone tried to do what I am
trying to do? Has anyone tried with this code?

One more thing, I borrowed a free script written in perl that uses mysqldump
and it worked. The point here is that I want this to work in PHP so I can
include this code in a bigger application I am writing.

Thanks for all your ideas!

000001c27058$c1770170$7c02a8c0@coconut">news:000001c27058$c1770170$7c02a8c0@coconut...