I have a few File input fields in a form so people can upload images. If
there's an error with the form, I want to re-populate the fields with the
values the user filled in. This works for all the fields except the File
fields. When I check the HTML output to the browser, I do see that the value
parameter (value="filename.jpg") is set for the File field, however, when
viewing the form the field appears blank. Also, if you leave it blank and
click Submit, I get an error stating it was empty, so, clearly the File
field is blank and not showing the default value that has been set.

Is this my browser (IE 5.5 on Mac) or does a File field not accept default
values??

Thanks!