So are you saying there really is no array pointer?
Lets say I have an array with several different values like:
$myarray["a"] = "s";
$myarray[3] = "d";
$myarray["sdf"] = "y";
There is no way of saying give me the value in the array at position 2?
Since the size of the array is returned as 3, should there not be a way of
doing this?

Like I said, I seem to be blanking on arrays.