I think the fog is starting to clear, thanks for the help.

I do have one more question:
If I want to use array_walk in a class, how do I refer to a function in that
class?

Class MyClass
{
    .
    .
    .
    function DoArrayStuff(&$item1, $key, $nMode)
    {
            echo $item1;
    }
    function SomeOtherFunction
    {
        .
        .
        $myarray already filled with, say, 5 items;
        array_walk($myarray,'DoArrayStuff',1);  <--- PHP error:
DoArrayStuff() - function does not exist in . . .

        I have tried 'MyClass::DoArrayStuff', 'this->DoArrayStuff',
'$this->DoArrayStuff' but none work.
        The only way I can seem to use DoArraySuff is to define the funcion
seperate(outside) from the class, which seems kind of odd since the only
time the function is needed is internally by this class.