Marco Tabini wrote...

> Just a (possibly stupid) suggestion--is it possible that the file is being
> overwritten by another instance of your script that's run in the meantime?

This may also be a problem at some point, but currently I'm just trying to
get it working in an test environment where only one instance is running.

I know I can just use another empty file as a semaphore, but my performance
is already killed by having to use FTP to create and delete files with PHP,
and I need to do whatever I can do avoid it.

Basically, it appears that using fflush() and fclose() is no guarantee that
a file is completely written, and I'm wondering what I can do besides insert
sleep() statements.

--
Charles Wiltgen

  "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and
   then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
   At night, the ice weasels come." - Nietzsche (Groening)