One more:

At 16:48 08.11.2002, Tim Molendijk spoke out and said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------

>This is not true in my case, because instead of doing:
>function add(&$child) { ... }
>I do:
>function add($child) { ... }
>and then call it with:
>$this->add(&$child);
>
>This has the same result... As far as I know I doesn't matter whether you
>put an ampersand before the variable in your function definition or your in
>your function call.

True for now, but this is "officially deprecated". Functions or methods
accepting a reference are required to be "prototyped" that way - this helps
you not to "forget" to pass by reference. You really should modify your
functions using reference parameters when declaring them, if you're using