You're absolutely correct. The script works perfectly fine now, and I have
you to thank. I went back to "Handling file uploads" and re-read the entire
thing. I guess I missed the part that said the following before the actual
script example. My fault and my apologies. Thanks Jason, and thanks to all
the others who replied as well.

"...Whatever the logic, you should either delete the file from the temporary
directory or move it elsewhere."
"The file will be deleted from the temporary directory at the end of the
request if it has not been moved away or renamed."