Have you got cookies enabled in your browser?
Check if PHP is setting the cookie in your browser -- it should be named
PHPSESSID by default, but might be named something else...

If you haven't got cookies enabled on your browser, then you have to pass
the session id around in the URL, linking page 1 to page 2.

Justin

on 16/11/02 12:36 PM, Anjali Kaur ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> i want to access some variables generated in one page
> in all the other pages, so i thought of using
> $_SESSION.
>
> what i did is :
>
> in page1.php i do:
>
> $temp = 'someValue';
> session_start();
> $_SESSION['abc'] = $temp;
>

> in page2.php :
>
> session_start();
> echo($_SESSION['abc']);
>

> but i am not able to get the value of abc.
>
> please help me out. i went thru the documentation
> online but cudnt grasp much as to where i am going
> wrong.
>
> thank you.
> anjali.

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com