And how would I find out which portion (row number) the row would be in, that I would like to see in a listing?

<Q>
Hello, how would I go about listing a portion of a MySQL table, without an overall selection criterium? I have a unique index field, but it's a string and not autoincremented (but manually and with gaps). I just want to go to one particular row (query on that index field) and then list, say, 20 rows before that point and 20 rows after it. So I can create an output of 41 rows in a HTML table. Is there something like the dBase SKIP and GOTO command? Should I do a query for each individual row (and get 41 result sets) or can I somehow walk through 1 result set ?
</Q>

Thanks, Marco
--
Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam, NL.
Please do not distribute my email address to a third party