Using PHP and MySQL.
I have looked and can't find the answer to this problem. What I am trying to do is to copy a mysql table to a new table name in a PHP script. The reason for this is to keep the original table the way it is and editing the copy. Now, I know that I can go through a loop reading the old table and putting it into the new table, but is there an easier way that would just duplicate or copy the mysql table to a new table name?

The reason for all of this is my script will create the original table (a temporary table), populate it, delete what needs to be deleted out of it, then I need a copy of that table for a subroutine that will be running multiple times and need the same information to start off with.

Thanks for any help
Steve

believed to be clean.
ow3